Saturday 13 October 2007

Slippers galore!

Okay, it's been 3 weeks since I last posted. But - I DO have an excuse!

I found this free pattern for slippers and have been feverishly knitting away (along with reading for my book club - A Lesson Before Dying is very good!). It is a very simple pattern, and good for beginners because it only uses a pair of straight needles. Oh, and it did take me much more than the 1 hour that they suggested to knit each slipper - I did get faster, but nowhere near 1 hour!

Here's the second pair:



Is it just me, or do my feet look fat?! LOL! Maybe it was a little too close up? :-)

Does THIS look better?


Two Needle Slippers freebie from The Irish Ewe


So far I've knitted two pairs, and am finishing up my third pair. Okay, I'll be moving on to something a little different for the next little while...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The link you put in for the free slippers pattern does not work - it comes up saying "Not Found Error 404".
They do look very comfortable however.

Please can you e-mail me the pattern URL?
Thanks.

Happy knitting,
Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca

Val Campbell said...

Janie,

I apologize - the link is http://www.theirishewe.com/mt-static/2006/04/two_needle_slippers.shtml

Val